Mubarak to all as we approach the last ten days of Ramadan. We hope your last days were filled with joy and rehmat.
The last ten days of Shehrullah are known as the itqun min-an-naar (freedom from Hellfire). An excerpt from Rasullullah’s khutbah declaring this is available (with English translation) here.
A reminder that imamat ni namaaz will continue to be held at two locations (Gross Point and Canton) throughout the end of Ramadan with COVID precautions in place. Please contact a Ma’sul if you would like to join us!
Qur’an dawr is also still ongoing. For those wishing to join the daily Qur’an dawr with Syedi Mazoon Saheb AAB at 6:30 pm IST (9:00 am EST), please click here. If you would like to join the daily dawr for North American mumineen at 6:10 pm EST, please contact one of our Ma’suls. All meetings are virtual and take place over Zoom.
Mumineen should continue doing the following (video/audio recordings and translations linked below).
Read about the sharaf of the last ten days:
- Sijill Article 22 – Bihori- Alone in the Darkness of the Night “As we approach the Layali Faazela in Shehrullah (17mi, 19mi and 21mi raat), and then Lailatul Qadar, we must occupy ourselves with the ‘ibaadat of Allah Ta’ala in these auspicious nights…” by Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin.
- Sijill Article 73 – Maulana Ali’s Wasiyyat –Advice and Wise Counsel – Before His Shahaadat “During his last Shehrullah Amirul Mumineen SA lived in Kufa, Iraq. On the morning of the 19th of Shehrullah, Ibn Muljim — one of the Kharijites who escaped from the battle with the Khawaarij (those who abandoned and denounced Amirul Mumineen after the battle of Siffeen) — struck a deadly blow with his sword to Maulana Ali while he was praying Tahiyyatul Masjid in Jame’ Kufa…” by Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin.
(Comprehensive details about 30th tarikh and raat are available here. A summary is provided below.)
Nabi na naam – During the last Friday of Shehrullah, mumineen should do tasbeeh of salawaat on Anbiyaa’ SA (Nabi na naam) and pray two rak’ats for “ibtighaa’ al-Fadl was sawaab” after nabi na naam the following times:
- 26mi raat Aakhir Jumoa raat (Thursday 6th) – after Isha nafilat.
- 26mi tareekh Aakhir Jumoa no din (Friday 7th May) – at zawal, before praying zohr.
- 27mi raat (Friday 7th May) – after Isha nafilat.
- 28mi raat (Saturday 8th May) – after Isha nafilat.
- 29mi raat (Sunday 9th May) – after Isha nafilat.
- 30mi raat (Monday 10th May) – after Isha nafilat.
- 30mi raat (Thursday 21 May) – after Isha nafilat.
- 30mi tareekh (Friday 22 May) – at zawal before praying Zohr
- (PDF is available here.)
30 mi raat – Following nabi na naam, mumineen should:
- Pray 10 rakaat tatawwu’ washeq namaaz (see Bihori Hafti Part 1, pg 129)
- Listen to the wasila mubaraka of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA
- Pray Syedna Hatim RA doa also on 30mi raat before Shaf’a.
- Pray the Salaam written by Syedna Qutbuddin RA for rehmat, maghfirat, and itqun minan naar.
30 mi tarikh – Since Aakhir Jumoa no din is on 30mi tarik, Mumineen should:
- Shehrullah Wadaa Namaaz after Nabi na Naam (i.e. before praying Zohr namaz on 30mi tarikh).
- The niyyat is as follows:
اصلي صلاة لوداع شهر رمضان ركعتين لله
- After Zohr Nafilat, Mumineen should replace the 3rd dasko dua with the Wadaa doa and wasila.
May your Ramadan end with more blessings than it began and mubarak to all on the last ten days of Ramadan.